Sven is the Chief Financial Officer for Namibia Students Financial Assistance Fund (NSFAF)
· Born 14 October 1969 in Grahamstown, South Africa.
· Married, with 4 children
· German National with Permanent Residence in Namibia (since 1974)
· Home language German, fluent in English and Afrikaans.
· School: Deutsche Oberschule Swakopmund (1987)
· University of Cape Town: B. Bus. Sc. (Business Finance) (1992)
· Unisa: B. Compt (Hons) (1994)
· Institute of Chartered Accountants of Namibia, (1996)
· South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA), (1996)
· Public Accountants and Auditors Board of Namibia (1996)
· Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Southern Africa (ICSA) (2003).
· Training Contract with Coopers & Lybrand and was promoted to Audit manager (1993 – May 1997)
· In June 1997 joined Commercial Bank of Namibia, as Assistant Manager: Financial Planning and Controlling, then in September 2000 as Manager: Treasury and part of Senior Management of the Bank
· In October 2003 moved to FNB Namibia Holdings Limited as Company Secretary and Compliance Officer
· In June 2004, became Head of Finance at Standard Bank Namibia and also Company Secretary from August 2004 until September 2006. In February 2007 became Senior Manager: Investment Banking in the Corporate and Investment Banking Division of Standard Bank Namibia. In addition, occupied the position Head: Global Markets from April 2007 to September 2008.
· In November 2008, took up the position of Country Finance Manager with Shell Namibia Limited (Vivo Energy Namibia Limited from October 2012)
· From October 2013 to July 2015, General Manager: Finance & Administration at the Namibia Training Authority.
· Since August 2015, Chief Financial Officer, Namibia Student Financial Assistance Fund (NSFAF)
· Arbeits- und Fördergemeinschaft der Deutschen Schulvereine in Namibia (AGDS) – Director
· Projekt Lilie – Curator
· Parents Association of 5th Windhoek Scout group - Chairman
· Scouts of Namibia - Finance Committee member
· Letshego Namibia Financial Services (Pty) Ltd – Director (since November 2015)
Past Honorary Positions
· Namibian Stock Exchange (NSX) – Board Member, Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and Member of the Listings Committee
· Deutsche Höhere Privatschule Windhoek (DHPS) – School Board Member and Director
· Southern African Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) - Namibian Branch - Honorary Secretary and Treasurer
· Shell Namibia Retirement Fund - Chairman
· Standard Bank Namibia Retirement Fund – Chairman
· Commercial Bank of Namibia Retirement Fund - Trustee
· NSFAF - Finance Committee member
· NIPAM – Training and Development Board member (ex-officio NTA)
· DHPS Retirement Fund – Trustee